The Veteran Employment Services Office (VESO) is a strategic program management office that provides employment and career management resources designed to attract, retain and support Veteran employees at VA and across the federal government, including those serving in the National Guard and Reserve. VESO develops and implements innovative and comprehensive programs, procedures and services to support federal Veteran recruitment and VA retention and reintegration. For more information about how VESO helps Veterans, read the VESO Fact Sheet.
Programs and Services
- VA for Vets: You’ve served your country and understand the unique challenges Veterans face. See how a career at VA can help you make a difference in the life of fellow Veterans.
- Feds for Vets: Match your experience, skills and training with current Federal job opportunities marketed through the VESO Office. Visit the Featured Jobs section on the VA for Vets website to view available opportunities.
- Recruitment and Career Readiness Support: VESO’s Veteran Employment Specialists (VES) conduct ongoing outreach to identify talented job seeking Veterans through live and virtual career fairs and presentations. They maintain an extensive contact database and are responsible for increasing the supply of employable Veterans through their outreach efforts. Contact a VES by calling 1-855-824-8387.
- Disabled Veterans Affirmative Action Program (DVAAP): VESO’s Billy Wright, National Program Manager for DVAAP supports and promotes the recruitment and hiring of returning injured Service Members and disabled Veterans in order to increase employment outcomes of the Veterans with disabilities throughout the Department of Veterans Affairs. Contact the DVAAP National Manager by calling 1-855-824-8387.Billy Wright Bio
- Human Resources Support: VESO’s Human Resources team works with Hiring Officials to process non-competitive hiring actions for Veterans in VA and through the Feds for Vets initiative. They issue training and policy guidance on Veteran’s Preference and Special Hiring Authorities and provide deployment and reintegration services for Servicemembers transitioning between work at VA and service in the National Guard or Reserve. They increase the demand from Hiring Officials to process non-competitive hiring actions for Veterans. Contact an HR professional by calling 1-855-824-8387.
+ Required plugins [ Get Viewer Software ]